HUMAN TRAFICKING STATEMENT OF POLICY
Akbar Associates (Private) Limited is committed to a work environment that is free from human trafficking.
Purpose of this policy is to put a stop on human misbehavior on fellow members. It further includes, means to stop forced labor and unlawful child labor. Akbar Associates will not tolerate or condone human trafficking in any of its departments. This policy is consistent with Akbar Associates Code of Ethics and Business Conduct and core values to protect and advance human dignity and human rights in its business practices.
Akbar Associates has a Zero Tolerance policy prohibiting trafficking in persons. This includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
Engaging in any form of trafficking in persons;
- Procuring commercial sex acts;
- Using forced or bonded labor in the performance of any work;
- Using misleading or fraudulent practices during the recruitment of candidates or offering of employment/contract positions; such as failing to disclose, in a format and language accessible to the potential candidate, basic information or making material misrepresentations during the recruitment of candidates regarding the key terms and conditions, including wages and fringe benefits, the location of work, the living conditions, housing and associated costs (if provided by Akbar Associates), any significant cost to be charged to the candidate, and, if applicable, the hazardous nature of the work;
- Charging applicants/candidates recruitment fees;
- If required by law or contract, failing to provide return transportation or failing to pay for the cost of return transportation upon the end of employment;
- If required by law or contract, failing to provide or arrange housing that meets the host country housing and safety standards; or
- If required by law or contract, failing to provide an employment contract, recruitment agreement, or other required work document in writing.
Akbar Associates does not and will not permit its employees, sub-contractors, vendors, suppliers and other entities doing business with Akbar Associates to engage in any form of human trafficking and above activities.